The imposing building which overlooks the South channel of the River Lee is designed on classical lines in harmony with the other large public buildings in the vicinity.The limestone for the facades came from nearby Little Island.
The park was opened in 1720 and is accessed via the Mardyke.
Eight elegant Corinthian columns create an elegant portico.
The building was designed by W H Hill, and replaces an earlier building which was burned in 1891.
Much of the internal plaster work was done by Italian craftsmen.
City Hall (1936)* [GPS: 6800 7173] The City Hall comprises the Municipal Offices and a public assembly hall with a capacity of 1,300 people.
Search for iol dating:
Daly Bridge, Sunday's Well [GPS: 6569 7165] All phone numbers below are in the 021 NDC (area) code - [ 353 21] In the locality: Shandon Bells & St.